1) Don't want to logon as a guest when accessing from the network problem
You have done with all your settings for LAN with windows xp. (ie set ip, create users, shared folders etc) now when you try to access the system either by going to start>run and then typing //(ip address) or by going to windows network select the workgroup and then click on the computer icon. now all it does is pop up a dialog and says Login but shows only the username as GUEST and you are unable to change it. Most of the time we disable the guest account and if you have done it then you cant login unless you enable it again.
Here's the solution 1. Go to Start>Run>type gpedit.msc 2. Under Local computer Policy>computer config>windows settings>security settings>Local Policies>Security Options 3. Then search for Network Access : Sharing and security model for local accounts. 4. Double click and Change it to Classic
Now try to access the system from the network.
2) Don't want to display user account on the welcome screen.
You don't want to show certain user accounts on the welcome screen for security reasons.
Here's the solution 1. Go to Start>Run>type regedit 2. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ WindowsNT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon\ SpecialAccounts\ UserList
3. Right click add a new DWORD and set the name to your username (eg.Administrator, John etc) and by default the value will be 0 (zero). leave it to that.
(updated - After hiding the user from welcome screen. If you need to log in as that user. Just press CTRL+ALT+DEL(2 times) and a login dialog appears and there enter your username and password - thanks to ATUL for his comment that made me update this)
Hey guys, hope you find this interesting! One of the few problems with having a phone with a nice big display is that many games do not display full screen. No problem! It's an easy fix that anyone can do and you'll be running full screen games on your phone in no time.
Note: This will work about 95% of the time on S60 3rd edition phone models. I have not tested it on other models but feel free. This will not work on phones with a landscape screen (E series). This will work with any MIDlet by the way, not just games.
4. Now you must know 2 things to edit the file. First, you must know the original resolution of the game. Ususally this information can be found on the author's website. Second, you must know the resolution of your screen. Then type the following two lines at the end of the text in the MANIFEST.MF file:
6. That's it! Now install the jar to your phone and enjoy your full screen game... I would appreciate if anyone here could do the inverse process and test 325x416 resized games in cellphones as 3250, N73... (176x208 or 240x320)
DOES NOT WORK ON LANDSCAPE TYPE MOBILES! BUT CAN GIVE IT A TRY !
Well lot of thanx to my uncle who calls himself the 'Grapher' (thunder roaring soundz) hehe !!! he sent this as a mail !!